Tuesday, March 11, 2014

allenball_third draft

My goal is to affect the viewers of my works and provoke the meditative calm that the natural world provides me.  I live very near to the St. Johns River, in a small wooded neighborhood. The trees are tall, healthy and stand quiet. Most days I can hear the wind off the river in the needles of the pine trees and a multitude of birds singing.  I enjoy ethereal and soft focus compositions as a tool for quiet paintings and drawings; my favorite time of day is the blue hour, around six in the morning. I enjoy soft light, and a quiet clash of light and dark, blue and red, warm and cool. Most of my paintings, drawings, and ceramics have a natural overtone; my goal is to create pieces which are honest, straightforward and painterly. I want my work to reveal my working processes, to be a document of their making. My goal in doing so is to create a sense of effortlessness, and make the work as a whole feel light and free of perfectionism.

1 comment:

  1. review repeating words and find synonyms
    " I work to reveal my process; a document of the making."
    " my goal is to crate a sense of effortlessness and make my work, on the whole, feel light and organic."

    ReplyDelete