Monday, February 24, 2014

allenball-first draft

I live very near to the St.Johns river, in a small wooded neighborhood. The trees are tall and healthy and stand quiet, most days i can hear the wind of the river in the needles of the pine trees and a multitude of birds singing. I try to affect the viewers of my works and provoke the meditative calm that the natural world provides me. I am a big fan of ethereal and soft focus compositions as a tool for quiet paintings and drawings; my favorite time of day is the foggy hour around six to seven in the morning. I enjoy soft light, and a quiet clash of light and dark, blue and red, warm and cool. Most of my paintings, drawings, and ceramics have an unavoidable natural overtone, I try to create pieces which are honest, unpretentious and painterly. I want my work to reveal the hand of the artist, to be a document of their making; my goal is to create a sense of effortless ease and  make the work as a whole feel light and unburdened by perfectionism.

No comments:

Post a Comment