Sunday, February 16, 2014

AllenBall_statement outline



I paint, draw, and throw pots as meditation. Nature is peaceful and calming, slow and quiet; everything I do I try to evoke the emotions the natural world gives me and relay them to whomever views my work. When work is going well I am happy, self-actualized, and at peace.  I try to create stoic well designed compositions. Line quality and economy of form have always been very important to me.
Timeless elegance, soft focus, chic, bright, white, fresh, reflected light, twilight, herbaceous, woodland, environmental, lively, movement, painterly, ethereal, fog, mist, daybreak, first light, calming, peaceful,  meditative, semi matte, harmony of line and color, 

--The accomplishment and joy when I finish a successful work, and the realization that I’m honing my skills.
--Economy of line, light is strong; shadows are open not oppressive, strong color harmony, strong composition, and falls within my list of words and phrases above.
--I enjoy soft light, and a quiet clash of light and dark, blue and red, warm and cool. I enjoy painterly texture and like to see the hand of the artist. Each work is a record of its manufacture. Each work reveals the way in which it was created.

1 comment:

  1. this is a great start and an effective outline for your statement. be cautious of using absolutes when writing "always" "never" "everything" ect..... Also be careful of using passive phrases like "I try" or "I hope"... better phrases might be "my aim is" or "my goal is".

    ReplyDelete